Friday, July 10, 2015

Home From the Fair ------

-----------and here's the best shot of all:





Here’s what I got at the county fair:

1)                   Graceful Garden Quilt – blue ribbon, Best in County, State Fair Choice 
2)                   Arrow-Crown Apron – blue ribbon
3)                   Scissors Case – blue ribbon
4)                   Pincushion – red ribbon (second place)
5)                   Needlekeep – blue ribbon
6)                   Cathedral Windows Pillow – blue ribbon, Country Piecemakers Quilt Guild Award, Best Quilted Non-Quilt item
7)                   Kitties Mug Rug – blue ribbon
8)                   World Map Placemat – blue ribbon
9)                   Braided Star Table Topper – blue ribbon
10)              Hannah’s Doily – blue ribbon

Now I have to figure out how to enter stuff in the State Fair, find out when it is, etc.  I’ll have special papers for the quilt; as it’s won Best in County, it will be in a special division.  Oh, the rigors of fame! 

<guffaws from the peanut gallery>



Pictures from the fair:

Lionhead Bunny

Giant French Lop Rabbit

French Lop













The Stables







Is ewe singin' lullabies to you's lambie?



Llama

















World Globe placemat I made for Nathanael


Kitty mug rug I made for Janice

Braided Star table topper for John H. & Lura Kay.
Too bad they had to have most of the items all folded up.


Doily Hannah made for me

Scissors case and needlekeep I made for Hannah.

Apron I made for Norma.  They folded it pretty side in!  :-\

Fairy garden





The Exhibit Hall





Mini Apple Rose Pie







Fairy Garden





Cathedral Windows pillow I made for Norma.  Blue ribbon, Country Piecemakers Quilt Guild Award, Best Quilted non-quilt item.


Lego house made by Sean Anderson.  Put anything other than a quarter in the slot; it doesn't recognize it.  A quarter, however, makes it open and yield an Oreo cookie!

The lavender ruffles are in the skirt part of a dress made by my friend Leanne, for which she got a Grand Champion ribbon.

Graceful Garden quilt I made for Andrew and Hester.  Grand Champion ribbon -- Best of County, State Fair Choice.















Biscornu pincushion I made for Hannah.  Probably got a red ribbon because it was labeled 'bean bag'.  :-D  

Online quilting friend Carol -- first time we've met.

Grand Champion winners.  5th in line, Sean Anderson.  I am second from the right; Leanne Brinkman (Sean's grandmother) is on the right.



































See ribbons from the fair here:  Fair Ribbons

1 comment: