Saturday, January 5, 2013

Border for Quilt Center




I laid out enough quilt blocks to add to the center of the quilt to make it the right size for a queen-sized mattress, and it looked like a muddle to me.  It needed an interior border that was dark enough to separate center from outer blocks -- but I was nearly out of dark brown.  I decided to make the border of the mottled dark brown and the printed dark brown in one-inch squares, as the vertical sashing at the top is made.  So the border is made of nearly 400 one-inch squares.


Looks better now.  I'm ready to start joining together the loose blocks around the center, using a variety of sashing.  There will be another border before the blocks for the hang are added.  The hang needs to be fairly wide, as the bed is tall.










No comments:

Post a Comment