Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Red, White, and Blue Quilt Done -- First Quilt with HQ16

Of course I picked one of the most difficult pantographs for my first quilt with my HQ16, and of course we put the old wheels on the machine and carriage by mistake, instead of the new ones (the lady I bought it from sent both, just because) (?), and the worn wheels made it next to impossible to make nicely rounded circles and curves.  Nevertheless, I'm pleased as punch with the first quilt the machine churned out.

I decided a fancy edge was just the ticket to draw attention away from the quilting.  A prairie point edge fit the bill.  I don't want this little quilt to go to waste, so I will give it to my friend Linda, whose birthday is on the Fourth of July, and tell her it's a reversible picnic quilt.  Who will notice a few fluffs in the quilting, when there's ketchup, mustard, and relish spilt on it?  (Besides, the stitching can hardly be seen at all on the red, white, and blue side.)






No comments:

Post a Comment