Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Linda's 'Dreaming in Blue' Quilt

The first row of quilting is nearly done on my customer's 'Dreaming in Blue' quilt... and then I ran out of bobbin thread, looked at the clock, saw that it was well after midnight, and discovered I was fresh out of oomph. I didn't even have enough left to put another bobbin into the machine. But I worked up enough steam to take pictures. 😉 

My customer had chosen a pantograph from several I emailed her.  When I went to put the pantograph on my quilting table, I found that... it wasn't really a pantograph. It was only a picture I'd saved in my pantograph files of someone's doodling!  I'd found it at a line-drawing website, free for the taking.  I saved it, thinking to turn it into a pantograph someday. 

So... I did that, adding the curves and curlicues necessary to connect the block-shaped doodle together.  After printing, I staggered the pages (as seen in the photos) so the quilting would mesh.  (Straight block-shaped pantos are prone to leaving blank spots between the rows.) 

I'm using pale, silvery blue thread top and bottom.












6 comments:

  1. Wow! That's an amazing amount of work to put into a quilting pattern before you can use it. It looks like it's going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! :-) It was kind of fun, actually; and now I can use it again anytime! :-D

      Delete
  2. That was the perfect panto for the fabrics in this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so, too, Lynette -- especially since the backing is a beautiful all-over butterfly print. :-)

      Delete
  3. You are truly an artist! Very inspirational knowing those little scraps of "this n that" we keep because they are beautiful become re-made again. Dawn Cunningham

    ReplyDelete