Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Seventh (and Last!) Border, Atlantic Beach Path Quilt

The seventh (and last) border is on the Atlantic Beach Path quilt!  It's ready to be quilted.  This final border is the fabric I used for a good many of the kaleidoscopes.  The rest were cut from the Beach Path panels.  I will attach the 3D hexagons and all the rest of the embellishments (pearls on the tucked borders at the twist, and hexagon-shaped Swarovski crystals in the middle of the 3D hexies) after the quilting is complete.  

The quilt now measures 123" x 124".  (The last photo is the central part of the quilt before I sewed it together.)

I need to buy backing fabric.  I think I have enough cotton batting, if I piece it together; but need wool batting for the top layer.









No comments:

Post a Comment