Thursday, December 19, 2019

Backing for Atlantic Beach Path Quilt

This morning we went to Country Traditions in Fremont, Nebraska, and purchased the backing and batting for the Atlantic Beach Path quilt.  The saleslady asked if I had the 40% coupon that had been in their newsletter, but I hadn’t even noticed a coupon.  So... she very quietly told us she would keep the fabric and batting (king-sized Quilters’ Dream wool) behind the counter, and we could scurry over to the public library, pull the newsletter up on my laptop, tablet, or phone, print the coupon, and bring it back to the store.  They require the actual piece of paper, as there’s no bar code on the coupon.

Better believe we were willing to pop right over to the library and pay 50¢ for a coupon printout in order to save $57.16!  The people at Country Traditions are so nice to me.

This afternoon I cut the fabric into the correct lengths, sewed them together, and ironed it.  It's ready to be loaded on my quilting frame.  It took exactly eleven yards of 42"-wide fabric:  132" in length, 126" in width.






No comments:

Post a Comment