Friday, September 20, 2019

Kaleidoscopes on Design Wall

Tonight I put all the hexagon kaleidoscopes I have made so far onto the design wall.  Tomorrow I need to remove a row from each side, add them to the top and bottom (with a bit of rearranging), and cut and sew another 50 or so hexagons.  Then I can start sewing it all together.  I have about 435 hexies done.

Here's the design wall and a couple of the fabrics I've cut for the kaleidoscopes.  I also cut six Atlantic Beach Path panels.  The last picture is a long-handled grabber that Larry got for me at Menards.  I use it to place (or retrieve) hexagons on the design wall where I would not otherwise be able to reach.  The design wall is 8 feet high, and it tilts back, the better to keep all the pieces on the flannel.  But because it tilts, a chair or step stool isn't much good.  The grabber solved the problem.





No comments:

Post a Comment