Sunday, June 16, 2019

A Bunny Quilt from 1991

Look what I found downstairs during my cleaning spree! This is a quilt I made daughter Lydia before she was born, 28 years ago. It has four layers of extra-loft poly in it, I didn't have a quilting machine, and so didn't do much quilting on it (and I see that a little bit of the quilting is coming out; I need to fix it). It didn't need much quilting in the beginning, because it was so puffy. But it's been folded tightly in a bag for many years now, and the ruffles and the batting are a bit squashed. I washed and dried it, and that fluffed it up a little. The border on the back is rouched. It's a heavy little quilt! Lydia lugged it around, slept with it, and played with it until she was at least Kindergarten age.









2 comments:

  1. Sarah Lynn-all that ruffling and tight also. This is a darling little quilt. I think you may have tacked up the ears. And that sweet little face. Do you remember how much time it took you to make this. I give you an
    A+++

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janice! Yes, the ears are tacked to the quilt. I really have no idea how long it took me to make the quilt, but I don't suppose it was too awfully long, since there aren't all that many pieces, and I have a ruffler. 😊

      Delete