Thursday, February 7, 2019

All Borders Attached, New York Beauty

Today I got the last two borders sewed onto the New York Beauty quilt. The middle border is pieced with 212 odd-sized triangles.

The triangles are 4.451” x 8.766”, to be exact. With 76° angles at the base.  How and why do I get myself into these sitchee-ayshuns?!!!

I went to iron the seams... got one side pressed... tried to turn it to continue the next side -- but the thing weighed a ton. I tried to move the heap of fabric at my foot -- and a warm body inside the mass of fabric wriggled and said indignantly, "PrrdrddrrrrMRRRooowwWW!"

"Hey!  Get out of my quilt!" I replied, with every bit as much indignation.

So Teensy scrambled out, stared at me reproachfully, and went and sat in the doorway with his back to me.

Next, I cut the backing to the right size.  Three 129" lengths of 42" each will have to be sewn together.  That's 10 ¾ yards of backing.  Tomorrow I'll get the batting and, if I have time, load it on my frame.



2 comments:

  1. NYB looks lovely Sarah Lynn, borders are perfect.
    your cat looks just like my Mayling looked, she was a stray that adopted us, lived to 19yrs.
    Jennifer
    Nova Scotia

    ReplyDelete