Thursday, September 19, 2024

Nine Kittens Quilt, Finished

 The Nine Kittens quilt is finished.  The quilt measures 86" x 86".  My daughter-in-law Amy found the printed blocks, along with nine puppy prints that I used in the Nine Puppies quilt in January.  They were all sewn together into one long, skinny strip, three blocks by six blocks.  I took them apart and incorporated them into these two quilts, which I designed in EQ8.  The prints must be quite vintage, as I have hunted for them online and found nothing similar.

The batting is Quilters' Dream wool.  I used 40-wt. white Omni thread on top and 60-wt. cream Bottom Line thread in the bobbin.  I used a combination of rulerwork and free-motion.  My 18" Handi Quilter Avanté is hand-guided, not computerized.




I sew bindings on entirely by machine.  This is what the stitches look like on the back.











Backing


What the binding looks like on the front.


Here is a breakdown of the hours spent on this quilt:









No comments:

Post a Comment