Thursday, April 4, 2024

Ian's Pillows and Label Complete

 I finished Ian's pillows Tuesday, machine-embroidered his label yesterday, and sewed it to the quilt today.  As you can see, I have changed the name of the quilt to "Fisherman Fred Goes Canoein'".  This, because I learned from a fellow quilter that the little embroidered and cross-stitched boy has a name:  Fisherman Fred.  The pieced blocks are named Crossed Canoes.  So "Fisherman Fred Goes Canoein'" it is.  The colored fabrics of the pinwheel in the label were the four largest leftover pieces of fabric there were from the layer cake I used for the rest of the quilt.  The pillows measure 13" x 13".  After discovering that the grandchildren like to actually use their pillows to rest their heads on, rather than just perching them on their beds as decoration, I refrained from stuffing these pillows as full as previous pillows I made.  Poor kids, trying to lie on bricks!  😄  These are nice and soft.  They might not look as good, but at least the child won't get a concussion just trying to lay his head down.





No comments:

Post a Comment