Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Linda's 'In Love With Africa' Quilt

I have my customer's 'In Love With Africa' quilt loaded on my frame... the machine is threaded... and the pantograph, 'African Samba', is taped onto the table.  I'll start quilting it tomorrow.

This quilt is hand-appliquéd (with neat, beautiful stitches) and pieced, front and back.  I attached the glide foot to my machine so it will travel smoothly over all those pieces and the stitching.

There's a bit of fullness in this top border; but I'll be able to tame it with starch and a hot iron, and maybe a heavy soup can or two, rolling along behind the hopping foot.  😏

This is what my customer, Linda, wrote about this quilt:

My husband and I lived in Argentina for 14 years for his job in mining.

A gal came from South Africa with 250 kilos of fabric.  She was a quilter also.  When she left, I bought something like 50 pounds of fabric from her.  So, for the most part, this quilt is made up of mostly African fabric.





No comments:

Post a Comment