Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Quilting on Venice Lace

Monday night, Larry installed the glide foot on my Avanté.  He had to first put on a conversion kit, as my machine is older, and the feet attached differently.

Today I loaded first the New York Beauty pillow shams and gave it a try, quilting atop the Venice lace.  The glide foot worked perfectly.  Exactly what I needed!

Upon finishing the shams, I trimmed them, then loaded the quilt itself.

Four of six rows are now done... and it's time to get ready for church!  Perhaps tomorrow I can get the beaded piping and the binding sewn on.  And then... I'll start sewing the pearls onto the lace.  All 10,000 of them.  😵

The first shot shows the back of one of the shams; it's hard to see the stitching on the lace from the front.  Also included are a few photos from my yard.



Tulip

Teensy

Female Northern cardinal

Daffodil

Male house finch

Teensy

Dandelion

Plum blossoms

Flowering pear

Tiger


No comments:

Post a Comment