Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Kaleidoscope Pillows



I made these kaleidoscope blocks a couple of months ago when I joined in the 'Bucket Skill' with the online Cyber Quilters group.  Here they are, made into pillows.  After setting the blocks on point, I added some small, leftover pinwheel blocks, a few triangle fillers, and sewed on some trim.

The 9mm stitch width on my Bernina Artista 180 was exactly what I needed for sewing on the wide trim around the Kaleidoscopes in just one pass around the blocks.  I did a simple zigzag so as not to detract from the trim. 
See close-ups below.


The backs are irregular Lemoyne stars.  Irregular, because the pieces, while parallelograms, are not diamonds, as the four sides are not equal.




Back of Kaleidoscope Pillows -- irregular Lemoyne Star



Trim on Kaleidoscope Pillow







No comments:

Post a Comment