Friday, April 15, 2011

Fishy Centerpieces

Here's a set of quilted potholders with a strip of fish-printed fabric.  Fabric printed with fish.  Fish fabric.  Fabric fish.  ?

Anyway, something fishy!  And potholdery. 

I started sewing... and it wasn’t long before the potholders began looking more like placemats, or table toppers or centerpieces, and a lot less like potholders.  I didn’t actually intend to do that when I started, but, you see, the strips of fish-printed fabric were 18 inches long, and I hated to cut them, so I simply built quilt blocks around them.  I just can’t keep my projects small and simple!  Those strips with the fish print were leftover from the panel quilt I made Andrew.

A friend ordered them to give her husband, who loves to fish, for his birthday.




No comments:

Post a Comment